
One robin says to the other robin:
"I don't know, Gus. Something about this place has cats written all over it."
Fortunately for the above fellows, my three cats are inside cats. They rarely even look out the back door anymore. Screened windows, yes. Backdoor, no.
I am thinking about looking for a new home for Precious. We have had her for one year. She has changed in the past three months. If I didn't know any better, I would say she was in heat. But, she is fixed. She is much more demanding in the affection area. She is sparring with our other two cats a lot more often than before. They all just don't get along. She acts possessed. I think if someone who is looking for a friendly and pretty cat, they would like her. We'll see. She is small but she is far from a kitten.
I must have looked in five stores today at lunch time and on the way home from work for a sun tea jar. One of those big glass jars that you fill with cold water, put about seven tea bags in and sit out in the sun. After a few hours you add sugar and ice and you have wonderfully sweet iced tea. I threw my other one away because it had a little spigot on the front that leaked.
At the school I was at today they had a fire drill. Of course. Any beautiful day in the spring, they pull a rehearsal drill. I didn't know it was coming and I was working in the wiring closet. Full of electrical equipment, Ethernet port lights flashing. I had just plugged a cable into a switch when the alarm began. I don't know if you have heard a school alarm lately, but they aren't like the ones I was used to in the seventies. This one was more like short fog horn bursts. I about jumped out of my skin. I know I cursed. Luckily there were no students in the room with me. Sheesh!
Coming from the speakers: Katmandu by Bob Seger
4 comments:
I know that sometimes animals that are fixed are not quite 'fixed.' Could that be with Precious?
I was wondering the exact same thing. I'll have to do some more research on that. I'll ask my vet since she isn't the one who did the "fixing".
I had a beautiful black and white mixed breed. She was a really good cat until I had my daughter and then we had to put her up for adoption. She wouldn't let anyone but me pet her after my daughter was born and then when my daughter started to walk she'd jump out and try to get my little girl. I hated putting her up for adoptiong, but I couldn't let her attack my 1 year old.
I hope you find a nice home for precious.
Thank-you. I am going to try giving her a little more affection and stimulation first to see if that helps. Could be that she is "high-maintenance".
Post a Comment