Wednesday, April 13, 2005

How to add more than one picture per post

bare tree

This is how I add more than one picture per post. I use Hello.

Open Hello and login. Send your pictures, one at a time. In this example, I am naming them : 1. tree 2. twigs 3. buds

Send and publish them separately.

Go to your blogsite and login. (Sign in).

You will see the three pictures in each a separate post. (If they published successfully). This is okay for now.

Choose New Post.

Choose Edit Posts.

Click on the first picture you published. In my example, it is tree.

Write what you want and when you are ready to add another picture, Publish your Post.

After the post is 100% published, choose Edit Posts


Choose your second picture (my example would be twigs), and choose Edit. Once the picture is displayed, choose the Edit HTML tag. Select (or highlight the text). Choose Edit from the browser menu bar. (At the top of the browser page). Choose Copy. Or, you can right-mouse-click and choose copy.

Choose Edit Posts.

You may get the pop-up warning stating :

Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?

Click OK.

Edit the first picture post that you were writing to. In my example it would be tree.

Choose Edit HTML

Scroll down the post and click on the blank area that you want the second picture to appear.

Choose Edit from the browser menu. Choose Paste.

twigs

Choose the Compose tab. With any luck your second picture will appear in your original post. Choose Publish Post and let's place the third picture in our original post.

Following the same steps as above, after the original post is 100% published, choose Edit Posts.

Choose Edit next to your third picture. In my example, it would be buds.

Once the picture is displayed, I choose the Edit HTML tag. I select (or highlight) the text and copy it.

I then chose Edit Posts. I again get the warning that I am about to navigate away from the page and I click on the OK.

I choose Edit next to my original post. (tree).

I choose the Edit HTML tag. I scroll down to the area I want to place the third picture (buds) and click in the empty space so that I see my blinking cursor (or as some call it the blinking I-bar. Because it looks like the capital letter I) You can either right-mouse-click and choose Paste, or choose Edit from the menu at the top of your browser and choose Paste.

Hopefully, you will see the text pasted into the empty space. Choose the tab titled Compose and you will see your third picture placed into your original post.

buds

Not done, yet. We need to go back and delete the pictures that we don't need any more. Number two (twigs) and three (buds). Since they are now in our original post, we don't need them floating around on our blogsite by themselves anymore.

Publish your original post, yet again.

Once it is 100% published (if you want to cheat and Edit Posts before it is 100% published you can). Choose Edit Posts.

Far to the right of all the posts are two options. View and Delete. Click on delete for the second picture (my example was twigs). The site will ask you if you are sure you want to delete it. Choose Delete it.

Edit Posts again.

Choose Delete next to the third picture (my example buds).

Are you sure? Delete it.

View your original post and see if all your pictures appeared.

I had to go back in and edit my original post to clean up some blank spaces, but do what you must and you should have all your pictures in your finished original post.

Good luck!

7 comments:

Jimmy K. said...

You can post picts without hello. Just copy them to the post page.
jimmyk
http://butthatsjustmyopinion.blogspot.com/

Peruby said...

Yes, I can copy the image to the post, but C://Mom's Desktop is where my picture is located. Realize that my personal hard drive is not an online site. That is where my pictures are stored. What am I missing?

Tabor said...

I will try this tonight! Directions are clear and only 20 steps or so...!

Tabor said...

I will try this some other night. Got back from holding Xman while he slept and then drove across the city in the usual horrendous traffic and by the time left overs were re-heated it was 8:00 and then I had to edit blueprints for the meeting tomorrow and etc....etc...will try the photo thing another time.

Aum said...

There is another easy way to post more than one picture per post. Please check this out.
http://www.picasa.com/support/kb_category.php?CategoryID=12#176

Have fun!!

Peruby said...

Aum,

I will check into that. Thanks for the tip. I love it. There is no end to the possibilities and the sharing of ideas.

-- Peruby

Aum said...

Thank you for reading my blog as well. I will find some times to read yours more. I used to work in IT industry since I graduated. I hope we can share what we know more in the future.