
I sat enjoying my lunch break in a town about twenty miles away in a fast food restaurant.
I overheard this conversation at a nearby table.
"Yes, I watched the first part of the broadcast. I never miss
it. He had a lot to say about Charles and Camilla. He really trashed her."
I thought to myself, 'People actually talk about this?'
The other one said, "Well, they have had a rough time of it."
First gossip, "yeah, they postponed their wedding because all of
the bigwigs were going to the Pope's funeral."
Pause while they chewed.
"You know, I probably won't see it in my lifetime, but I believe
that the Queen had Princess Di assasinated. Just look back in history,
it happened all the time."
The other didn't comment.
Wow. Pretty strong words.
As I got up to throw away my garbage I had to take a peek at
the two sitting at the table.
One of the gossips was dark tanned with short spiked, bleached (orange-tinted) hair.
Both were tanned and dressed casually. I would venture to guess mid-fifties.
I imagine that the two men were golfing at the nearby
golf course. In the rain.
Yes, two men. Lunching and gossiping about British royalty.
Well, I never.
Back at the school, I overheard another conversation between two teachers
on their break in the lunch room.
First one, "You know what my favorite treat was when I was a little girl?"
Other, "What?"
"Kraft macaroni and cheese! Do they still make that?"
Cripes lady - where the hell have you been?
No comments:
Post a Comment