
In keeping with the habit of trying to put song lyrics in to my titles (which I really haven't done for about a week) - here is a well-known one by John Denver. I had another long drive today and decided to take a different route home. I snapped away.
Above is a red barn I passed on my way and below is a town that has actual flood gates. At least on two of the main roads coming into the town. I don't know if they have used them recently or not.

I worked outside most of the evening and my arms feel as though they are going to fall off. I am really behind because of my recent migraine. You know the old saying "Make hay while the sun shines", well I am trying to do my outside yard work while the sun is shining. Rake, rake, rake. My neighbor has a huge pine tree and I think about 7/8ths of it's twigs fell into my yard this spring.
My daughter has her mouse. Her friend from school said hers died, so I took daughter to the pet shop to get one. I mean we had already purchased the Taj-Mahal, feed and shredded bedding, right? I think this was a conspiracy. It is cute. I will take pictures of "Nugget". Maybe I should soon, in case it doesn't live long. She is keeping it in her bedroom with the door closed. I have never had critters, such as mice, rats, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, etc... So this is a new experience for me.
Coming from the speakers: Country Roads by John Denver :)
No comments:
Post a Comment