
Well, I don't know about you all, but I am ready for some serious color. The picture of the pink petunias above are from last summer, and the ones below are too.
I have a couple of trees that were unearthed by the latest flooding/or storms and are ready to fall onto my driveway. A lot of their branches are tangled up in grapevines and wrapped around the electricity wires. I called my electric company and they sent a nice gentleman out. He went to college and studied trees. He marked the trees for removal stating that they were only about fifty years old. They are some kind of fir.
Then he told me all about my flowering dogwood. It should bloom in about five days. He told me if I ever need to trim it, to do it right after it blooms. It has too much sunlight, but that would be okay. He asked me if I ever notice that some parts of it begin to "tan". That is when it has had all the nutrients it needs for the winter and the leaves begin to turn red.
He said that it probably won't grow any taller, but may branch out wider than what it is now. He was very nice. Even if he did call me a "gal". While we were talking he got a call on his cell phone. He told his caller that he would return his call after he was done talking to this "gal". So, I will call him a guy. The electric company sent out this "guy." Regardless, I am getting my camera ready.
I managed to make it through a pain-free day today. No migraine medicine, no over the counter headache medicine. I think I can safely say this migraine has passed. It has been a while since I had a four-dayer.
My daughter used some of her birthday money to buy a mouse. For a dollar. Except the cage, feed and litter cost about forty. Hmm. I think a lesson in economics is in order. Guess what will be in my yard sale this summer? It looks kind of like the Taj-Mahal for one little itty bitty mouse. The rest of her birthday money will be saved for her class field trip to Washington D.C. and Cedar Point.

Coming from the speakers: Cool Change by Little River Band
No comments:
Post a Comment