
Someone came to check out my work today. I had cleared out most of the tree debris that had accumulated in the far corner of my driveway today. Birds and squirrels came to investigate when I took a break. I looked out my window and immediately grabbed my camera. This was definitely going to be good. I got some good close-ups of a blue jay (Cyanocitta cristata) and a couple of robins, too.

I had to sit quietly for some time to get them to come back, but I had stirred up so many tasty centipedes, spiders and worms they could not resist.
My daughter helped a good bit. She is working off a haircoloring bill that she ran up yesterday. She wanted the ends of her hair tipped in bright blonde. Her good friend that stays here some week-ends has the prettiest light blond hair. And, my daughter's hair has been getting progressively darker as the years roll by. That was her looking like Cousin Itt in my post yesterday. Her hair especially gets dark during the winter months.
She has quite a bit more to work off. Coloring at the hair salon is quite an expensive ordeal. Ouch. She is happy with it, but not many people noticed. It is a slight change, I guess.
We go back to have another mole removed in early May. Not looking forward to that. Summer is coming and she is outside more (especially since she got her bike) and I have to keep reminding her to put her sunscreen on.
She was upset yesterday because her arms got a light burn on them. She said she wasn't allowed to get sunburnt. I said that it isn't that she is not allowed, she just has to be careful and to make sure she wears sunscreen.
I bought her a cute ball cap from Firefox, but she doesn't like it. I will keep trying. There has to be some kind of hat out there that she will like.
Coming from the speakers: He's So Shy by The Pointer Sisters.
2 comments:
Excellent colors on that blue jay. Guess you can tell he is at his sexual peak for the season!
I have a Nikon digital. The apple blossom was a lucky shot, since I forgot to put the flower setting on!
I figure that is the cyan in his first name. I didn't retouch the photo at all.
Post a Comment