
The teacher asked us to follow him.
He would show us where the phone lines were.
Me and two girls followed him.
The other two girls giggled and their laughter echoed off the cold cement blocks of the high school.
"Why?" I thought to myself. "Why do I always get stuck with such immature girls?"
The teacher had white hair and was very much a gentleman. He had lost his wife of thirty years recently.
I hoped that he couldn't hear what they were giggling about.
"I think he likes you!" one of them said to me as the other one giggled.
"OOhhh, you have a boyfriend!" the other one chimed in.
I cringed for the elder teacher. I wish that he didn't have to put up with such clowns.
Either he actually didn't hear them, or he was too much of a gentleman to acknowledge their rudeness. Perhaps years of teaching had taught him how to keep a poker face. If you react, that just adds fuel to their fire.
"I think he's soft on you!" the one girl said to me, trying to embarrass me.
I gave them both a stern look. They giggled some more.
Ahh, such girlish antics that go on in any school across the nation. The rudeness, the spite, making fun of others.
Perhaps it was the age. But, wait. This was just last year and it wasn't high school girls.
It was my co-workers. One was forty-one and the other was twenty-seven.
This is what I have to work with.
Coming from the speakers: Fooling Yourself by Styx
3 comments:
If this is the maturity of your adult co-workers no wonder you survive on sarcasm.
Yes, and sadly the twenty-seven year old (now 28) runs the entire show and she knows it.
I really like my job. I work six feet away from the forty-something one, but sixty miles away from the 28 year old.
The only male co-workers left in my department are the ones who kowtow to the 28 year old. If they don't, she has managed to eradicate them. This is a very sad fact.
Maturity is NOT gained by age...it took me a while to learn that as well.
I have an older sister who (even though she's forty) is still about as mature as a 15 yr old...smoking pot and flirting with any man who will give her the attention.
*sigh*
Post a Comment