Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Little fuzzy pups

yorkshire terrier

What a day I've had. I was thinking of skipping a day at the blog, but then I decided to do a "quickie". Besides sending my daughter off to D.C. for three days, I have been catching up on fixing old pc's for friends.

What a trip down memory lane! Fdisk, Format c: and Windows 98. The really funny thing was the monitor was old and the VGA was old and the screen icons and font were REALLY large. I didn't need my reading glasses. If you have done this kind of work before, you know what I mean when I parrot "Are you sure?" ARE YOU SURE?!!!! Yes, I am sure! Just delete the damn partition, would ya?

Then, I checked my personal email once more before retiring. Just in case a sibling needs some kind words or encouragement. Rough times for sisters and brothers. Too late to call and I don't want to force it. Gentle - slow. Let them adjust to the news. Meanwhile, research, research, research.

But, after that I got on the kick of reading about poor managers and poor management. Here is a comment from a manager from my past. Sitting at a meeting with mixed company and mixed representatives she said "I have only met one man smarter than me." And, I'll bet she was thinking that there wasn't a woman alive smarter than she.

Coming from the speakers: I Love by Tom T. Hall (little fuzzy pups)

2 comments:

boabhan sith said...

Man, I want a dog so bad!

I've already got a cat and a lizard...I think my husband might shit cows if I brough home a dog...that would not be good.

I just love that picture of the pup though!!

Peruby said...

Boabhan,

I wish that little yorkie was my dog! It is my brother's. They have five or six. I try to steal one each time I go to visit, but they are on to me, now. Here is our mutt, plus the rest of the brood:

http://users.adelphia.net/~mgwine/pets.htm

I don't know if I could handle a lizard. I am content to visit them at the Pet Shop.

Cheers,
Peruby