
I wasn't worth sh!t this week-end. My migraine started on Friday. Of course. My day off from work and the beginning of a beee-you-tiful week-end. Migraine medicine (Relpax) kept it manageable. Just. Saturday was a repeat of Friday. Another Relpax. Sunday I refused to take another one. By Sunday night I felt like I was dying.
Today I am left with the eye migraine. It feels like there is a fork behind my eye trying to poke it out. My stomach has been severely upset today so I stuck to tylenol. It doesn't do much, but I cannot stomach the more powerful pain remedies. Such as Excederin or Advil. Crackers and ginger ale. Did I mention how beautiful the weather has been and I am stuck lying in bed or on the couch with a nine-inch nail embedded into my eyeball?
Excuse me. I have to go and throw up now. Again.
Coming from the speakers: Nothing. Even the fan is making too much noise.
Update: I broke down and took another Relpax. (sniff) It is working, the pain is finally abating. Tuesday April 12. 2:40 a.m.
4 comments:
If it's any consolation I read somewhare that migraines abate as you go through menopause. So you just have to hang in there a while longer. ;-)
Oh, Tabor I do hope so. I have been dealing with these darn things since puberty. I have two sisters, one brother and two nephews who have the same. My Dad was a sufferer, and my Mom's grandmother. That we know of.
My cleaning lady who is also my friend told me about her drive home yesterday. She had picked up her hearing impaired son from school knowing she was coming down with a migraine. She actually had to stop two times to throw up (scared the little guy) and then after she got home threw up again and had a bout of diarrhea. Poor baby!
Ah, yes. The "nasty" side effect of migraines. Which may in part be due to a sensitive digestive system.
Is this the cleaning lady from El Salvador you posted about last fall? Whatever happened to her and her dilemma? Re: November 15th post.
Post a Comment