
Above is a poor little plastic custard dish on my scratched up scanner glass.
Go here to see how I do my "open scanner" pictures.

I use the eyedropper tool in Adobe Photoshop to pick the correct shade of black and the Paintbrush tool to cover up all the little white specks that look like lint. I colorize the dish with a prettier blue. (Image, Adjust, Color Balance).

Switching to Jasc Paint Shop Pro, I use the Effects, Reflection Effects, Pattern option to get the above image. I use Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album to crop the picture and create a three tiered frame around the image. Matching the colors as close as I can.

Back in Jasc Paint Shop Pro, I save what I have and using the Edit, Un-do on the previous photo I return to the prettier shade of blue plastic dish. Still using Jasc Paint Shop Pro, I choose Effects, Reflection Effects, Kaleidoscope to get the above image.

Above is another rendition of a different angle of the same custard cup. I also used MS Power Point to create this image. Then to top it all off, I use IrfanView to re-size the images.
I realize that I don't need to use so many programs to get the results, but that is how I work. I have to toggle back and forth between many different applications and use the feature I am most familiar with from that program. It would take me longer to learn how to do it all in one particular program than it does for me to just jump around. Besides, I make more mistakes this way and that is how a lot of interesting pictures are created!
No comments:
Post a Comment