Saturday, May 06, 2006

A little color



Eww. After all the black and white I needed a little color in my postings. I have a busy day ahead so I wanted to get all my e-mails caught up and blog readings done. My brother has his new pc up and running (YAY!). Even painful eye surgery didn't stop him from setting it up. Well, it did delay him for two days. Understandable enough.

One of my comments from Tabor prompted me to bring up the subject of media storage. How unfair is it that we purchased albums in the 60's and 70's and then (some of us) purchased 8-track tapes of the same albums, and then cassette tapes, and then CD's? Is anybody else getting tired of this merry-go-round? Of course, everybody is. That is why so many people are illegally downloading music.

And what of movies? How many VHS tapes do you have in your library? How many movie DVD's? Now they are speaking of the DVD format (as we purchase them today) will no longer be offered, but we will have to move into another format of Blu-Ray or HD DVD. A few of my family and friends do not own a DVD player, yet. I suppose it will be a while before we have to worry about this happening, but you know how time flies. Meanwhile, the big guns keep raking in their profits.



No comments: