
Wow. I had to revert to "Hello" to post this photo. Blogger's Add Image feature just sat and spun. This photo was taken from work last Thursday. We have a small door that opens out onto the roof. I suggested to the custodian that we place an umbrella table and chairs out there and create a sort of courtyard for lunch, but I can see that it would all blow away. Oh well.
I got slammed with another migraine today. I tried very hard to ignore it. I almost waited too long. As it was I had to retire for about two hours. The longer you wait to take the medicine the longer it takes to work. I became sick after lunch and finally broke down and took some medicine at 4 p.m. when I get off from work. But, it is gone now!
I used to keep a food journal. That is back when all the doctors and friends said it was "what you eat" that gave me my migraines. You know all the sinful foods. Alcohol, cheese, chocolate. It never made any sense. My major triggers are my menses, strong smells, sleep patterns disrupted, stress and weather changes.
The skies over Ohio this time of year are fun to photograph. Usually we have strange weather in March, but May seems to be fun for picture taking this year. Sigh. Along with the weather changes. Ugh. I do love it when a headache goes away.
I got slammed with another migraine today. I tried very hard to ignore it. I almost waited too long. As it was I had to retire for about two hours. The longer you wait to take the medicine the longer it takes to work. I became sick after lunch and finally broke down and took some medicine at 4 p.m. when I get off from work. But, it is gone now!
I used to keep a food journal. That is back when all the doctors and friends said it was "what you eat" that gave me my migraines. You know all the sinful foods. Alcohol, cheese, chocolate. It never made any sense. My major triggers are my menses, strong smells, sleep patterns disrupted, stress and weather changes.
The skies over Ohio this time of year are fun to photograph. Usually we have strange weather in March, but May seems to be fun for picture taking this year. Sigh. Along with the weather changes. Ugh. I do love it when a headache goes away.
Even yesterday I had a difficult headache. Would not respond to Advil. I did not take migraine medicine yesterday. Again, about nine p.m. the headache went away. The same as this evening. Not sure what that is all about. As I have stated before, I don't take a relaxing bath in the evenings, as I am a morning shower person (I need all I can to wake me up and get me going). I don't skip eating all day. (So the headache doesn't go away when I eat something.) Maybe the sun is my enemy. I want to get a good barometer and study the changes with the pressure when I get headaches. Maybe there is something about the sun setting that takes the headache away. Maybe I am an alien. Yup. I have suspected as much.
Hmm. As I re-read my post for mistakes, I am thinking maybe it was sinus all along. Perhaps I should have taken Sudafed instead of Advil yesterday.
Hmm. As I re-read my post for mistakes, I am thinking maybe it was sinus all along. Perhaps I should have taken Sudafed instead of Advil yesterday.
2 comments:
I'll bet it is related to hormonal changes as you suspect. Maybe your doctor could run a series of blood tests monitoring that...of course during the study you wouldn't have a migraine! Aerobic exercise helps with hormone surges...at least it did for me back when I had hormones.
Ugh. Aerobic exercise! I was hoping that mowing the lawn in the summer, raking leaves in the fall and shovelling snow in the winter would count. :(
Post a Comment