Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Long driveway



When I travel north to visit my sister, I pass this home close to hers. I missed the front of the house which sets off the road after a long driveway and the pond that makes up the front of the yard. It follows the same theme as the dark brick and black wrought iron fencing. I thought the purple azaleas(?) and lush green grass set if off nicely. Shoulder shot trying for a sunburst through some low lying clouds.

My daughter's new 19 inch flat screen Dell monitor came today. I didn't have to sign for it. They just left it on my front porch. Eeee-yikes. She did have a 15 inch flat screen that came with her system about three years ago. I was going to get her a 17 inch, but wouldn't you know it? The 19 inch was cheaper on sale. So my system is back together. Just now goofing off I changed my monitor to 1600 x 1200 pixels. And now, 1280 x 1024. I'm messing around. I better stop.

My daughter and I watched 'The Butterfly Effect'. It was rated R and I watched it earlier when she was not at home and let her watch the later showing on Starz. I warned her of the violence in it. It was very good. It reminded me of Stand by Me a little bit. I was caught up in it. My daughter loved it. She didn't even get on the computer while it was playing. Her computer is in the living room. Poor soul. It will stay there. She wants it in her bedroom, but I won't allow it. The iSafe training I had a week ago re-enforced that reasoning.

My older brother ordered their new Dell system. I went up Sunday to help them finalize the details. They are going from a Windows 98 machine with probably less than 4 gig of hard drive space and 64MB RAM with a 15 inch full and clunky monitor to a Dell with 160 gig hard drive, 1 gig of RAM, 19 inch flat screen monitor. They have cable modem and I can't wait to see how they like it. It hasn't been delivered, yet. This is the brother that does the family tree program on the computer.

I plan to go up after it arrives to show them how to download pictures off of their camera, save them, re-size them and edit them. They ordered a photo shop program to go with it. My sister has her first grandson and she needs to create a photo album. I am thinking of Flickr, Picasa or Shutterfly. Any opinions or reviews are appreciated.

Okay, I just had to change my monitor or go get my glasses. I put it at 1024 x 768. What a sissy!

No comments: