Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Pretty in Purple


Sitting pretty. Waiting so patiently to be planted. I am keeping it well hydrated. It has blooms in pink, blue and purple. A mix of colors. I was talking to a co-worker today. She said that her daughter does add the aluminum sulfate to her hydrangea to get it to bloom blue.

My daughter has been sick. She has a lump on her left parotid gland. I am keeping an eye on her and on the lump. It is only painful when she pushes on it. She doesn't want me to make a doctor appointment to have it checked out because she thinks she is jinxed because of the moles that had to be removed. The latest one developed a pimple on it and was giving her quite a bit of discomfort. It is better now.

She cleaned house for me today. I was very thankful. She said she did it so she wouldn't fall asleep. And she wants a trampoline. I am undecided about that. If she does get one it will be one with the full netting all the way around it. I wonder if they will get like pools. Where the owner must keep it fenced safely away from small children so they won't hurt themselves. Maybe they already are. Do the insurance companies raise your insurance if they see a trampoline in your yard? Do the Amish have insurance on their homes?

One worker today said he was bored that there was nothing to do. I helped him set up a Linux server. It was fun for him and a refresher course for me. It didn't take much of my time. No more than half an hour on my part here and there to help him through a couple of snags. He doesn't work for my organization. In fact he is sort of the competition. I don't care. Education is education in my book.

1 comment:

Miki said...

Trampolines! Too many injuries! A friend of ours changed insurance companies, recently, they did a home inspection. Threatened to drop her if she didn't get rid of the trampoline. I guess that too many people are "sue happy" when it comes to the things. They wouldn't even raise her rates, tehy were going to outright drop her coverage! So, needless to say, down the thing came.

I have heard that if you add things to the soil you can get the Hydrangea to bloom different colors, my mom always had pink ones, but I prefer the blue or the white. I got one for Easter this year, planted it the other day, hope it survives, I am not the green thumb my husbnd is!