
Here is one magnolia arrangement. I made a dozen flower arrangement in the past few days. I let them sit around for a while and I tweak them. This one needs more balance on the left. I've kept this one pretty simple.

This one is a little fuller. I like the cream and burgundy mixed. For some reason or another my blues aren't coming out well tonight. I will keep working on them. I did get some very bright orange daisy-like flowers, but try as I might, they just don't look right in the arrangements.
******************************************************************
I just finished publishing my post when I remembered a neat little trick I read about on another photo blog. Use your flat bed scanner (or all-in-one). Here are some results from my playing:
******************************************************************
I just finished publishing my post when I remembered a neat little trick I read about on another photo blog. Use your flat bed scanner (or all-in-one). Here are some results from my playing:


Just as soon as I remember where I grabbed this, I will post their photo blog page. Take a dried flower (or real flower, or whatever you want) lay it on the scanner glass. It helps to clean the glass, but mine was pretty scratched up. If you look real close you can see the specks.
Leave the lid open. Darken the room as much as you can. When the scanner begins to scan the image, turn your monitor off. This leaves the room as dark as possible. That's it. Tip: don't stare directly into the scanner while it is scanning or you will need some raw potatoes for your eyes.

2 comments:
I think I saw this process on the blog Earth Home Garden where they were using some fall leaves and dead branches. It turned out really interesting. What do you do with all of your flower arrangments?
Tabor - This set I am making to sit on the tables at the baby shower. My sister can give them away as door prizes or hand them out. Whatever she wants.
I did this for my other sister in September. The Mom-to-be picked out the arrangement she wanted and when somebody won at one of the games, they got to pick a flower arrangement as their gift.
Others I make for Christmas gifts, or birthdays and give them away. My daughter told me I should sell them. I am thinking of getting a vendor's license just to get a discount at Pat Catan's.
Post a Comment