Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Some kind of green post



Not real sure what that green post is in the middle of the photo but I liked the contrast. That was a beautiful sky. I had another beautiful day today, but the sky was just blue with a few white puffy clouds. Nothing exotic like last Thursday.

I was finally able to get outside this evening and clean out my long flower bed in the front of my patio. I think some of the thorns were over two feet tall. The earth was very soft and I was able to dig them up easily.

I will mulch it next and then plant the marigolds.

It must have dipped pretty low here last night. When I drove my daughter to school I pass a small nursery. They had taken all of their flowering plants indoors and others were covered with burlap sacks. I better watch the weather channel. I placed all of mine at the edge of the patio to grab what sunshine they can. I'll need to move them back up against the wall if it is going to get too cold tonight.

Things are starting to slow down and get real quiet at work. Most schools have only three more days left or about a week left. My co-worker is out of the office until next week having minor sinus surgery.

I've chosen a couple of summer projects to keep me going. I have invited two co-workers up to my office to re-load my Linux web server. I did it two years ago and I need a refresher course. I have heard them voice their interest in learning how to do it, so I told them to come on up, bring an extra PC if they have one lying around. Linux doesn't need much in the way of resources. Not like Windows. We will load Red Hat's version and Apache to run the web server. This way they can have their own Linux box to mess with.

I also plan to wipe my hard drive on my PC at work, and load XP. Get rid of my 2k OS. It was fun while it lasted, but I favor XP.

Another project that I hope to accomplish is changing the format on my personal photo web page. (www.mydeja-view.com/photos.htm.) I want to figure out how to do "next" and "previous" when viewing the pictures. (Laughing to myself.) I am driving my nephew crazy. He can do it in a flash and would if I asked him to, but I don't learn anything that way. I have to figure it out and I have to be able to write it myself. I don't want somebody doing it for me. What can I learn from that? I love the challenge of it.

He is busy with his new camera. He purchased a Canon PowerShot S2 (I think) but he would like to have the Canon Digital Rebel XT.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

"I have invited two co-workers up to my office to re-load my Linux web server." What kind of line is that and were they cute?

Peruby said...

Ah, ha! All my co-workers are cute! This is scheduled for the first week or so of June, maybe I can get some pictures while they are working and I'll post them!

I figure it's as good a line as any - eh?