Thursday, May 25, 2006

Second time around


I watched Brokeback Mountain again. I had more feeling for the characters this time around. I had read the short story on-line here. I still had trouble hearing their whispered conversations, though I had my speakers on my computer turned up to 100%. Reading the short story helped me to understand what they were saying and what they were feeling.

I believe that Jack had decided to stop waiting for Ennis there the last time they were together. I think that he figured out a way to "quit" Ennis when Ennis blamed Jack for him being a 'nothing in life.' Jack told his parents about a new "friend" that he planned to bring back home to 'whip this ranch into shape.' He had decided that maybe he wasn't good for Ennis that he should just let him go. That is hard to do. Our selfish ways want that person to love us no matter what. That love conquers all. Well, it doesn't conquer all. Sometimes you have to grow up and let go so that the one you love can go and have half a chance for happiness even if it means you will never be happy without them. You have to be the stronger one and let go because you realize that they can't.

1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

I will probably watch it again. I purchased it on Pay Per View from DirecTV. I think I will wait till it comes to Starz/Encore which I have in my line-up. After watching it, the more I thought about it, the more I liked it.