After Halloween comes Thanksgiving. After that comes the snow. Mowing grass to raking leaves to shoveling snow. Arrrgggh!
Sometimes I wonder if I am making any progress at all with my daughter. She seems to be so far away and distant to me at times. I am looking into more education for myself. I don't want to get caught off guard when she doesn't need me anymore.
It was a misty, drizzly day in my part of Ohio today. I started my early morning drive thinking "I should have brought my camera". But the sun never did come out. I'll put it in my car, though just in case.
I have to make up for the lost lake pictures. Still boo hoo-ing over that. And, my Fall Festival pictures. Of all the campers decorated for Halloween. I lost them too. Maybe the lady who mentioned that I shouldn't take pics of the crafts at the festival put a curse on my pictures. Poof - they're gone. Okay, okay. Just having fun.
Made nachos tonight. The kids love them. I will only purchase the hamburger that is 96% lean. I read an article once where it said "Either pay for it now or pay for it in medical bills when you are in your sixties." That made sense to me. I drain the fat off. Sometimes it cooks up so clean, there is nothing to drain off. I add a taco mix in. I usually add nacho cheese on the top, but tonight I didn't have any - so I put cheez whiz on the top. I place round nacho chips around the oven-safe dish. The kids loved the cheez whiz - much better they said. Okay.
In little decorative bowls, I place sour cream, black olives, salsa and shredded cheddar cheese. For me, I shred romaine lettuce. A friend told me that she heard in a seminar that iceberg lettuce carries toxins in it that can trigger migraines. Because of the big veins in a head of iceberg lettuce, it sucks up all the toxins out of the ground. I researched that on the Internet, but didn't find anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment