I didn't see this fellow until I zoomed in on some of the pictures I took Saturday at the festival. He looked as if he was enjoying himself watching all of the people go by.
We noticed the craft makers putting a lot of periwinkle in with the orange and rust colored arrangements this year. My daughter was looking for her yearly purchase of the wooden animals on strings, they didn't have that display this year. She was disappointed. I wasn't. Eventually the dog would chew it up as she did with last years' purchase.
It astounds me that some people have no pride. They come right out and ask you for money. They have no intention of paying it back. It is always this excuse or that excuse. If you show them any generosity at all, they try to sponge off of you. They make no effort to hide the fact that they plan to use the money unwisely, or give it to their good for nothing children.
Now, there was a time when I was younger that I needed a loan from a family member. But, I felt awful about it. I was embarrassed and I thought I was going to die. It took me a while, but I paid it back.
I finally grew up when I moved to Virginia and had to pick up the slack from my then no-good boyfriend. I learned a lot about money management there. No family to fall back on there. I was always good at working, I never had a problem finding a job. But, my boyfriend was not the best character. His money was gone in hours - I mean "hours". He would come home the day after payday - broke. Not at first he didn't. It grew into that. I would pay the bills, rent etc., food, his cigarettes, and he would promise to straighten up. I ended it and moved on.
When am I going to find my Halloween decorations? I looked in the garage, and in the root cellar. I got sidetracked. Hopefully tomorrow? Yes, someone does have a Santa sleigh and reindeer up already. They were mowing the grass around it today. I want to run it over with my car. It just doesn't seem right. All the rest of us are putting Halloween up and they have a Christmas display. Why, it's just un-American! Maybe they work in retail. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment