Tuesday, October 26, 2004


The beautiful blue sky made a remarkable backdrop for the golden leaves of this deciduous tree. This is one from yesterday's drive taking a side road home. I have a lot more I took this afternoon at a park near my town.

So, I stop at parks that I drive past. When I have a few extra minutes. I will post some of today's pictures later in the week. It was a beautiful day. I have been fighting a cold of sorts. I awoke with a fever blister on my lower lip. I haven't had one of those in years. They are quite painful. I use blistex.

My daughter is arguing with her boyfriend this evening. (Sigh). I found a pamphlet that I bought her a few weeks ago, titled "Is this Love? How to Tell if Your Relationship is Good for You". Some of the questions are obviously for adults because they ask about financial matters, but it was enough to get her thinking. Then she gets depressed. Like she is wasting her time. I've seen parents bad-mouth their children's friends and this usually gets them no where. I want to educate my daughter, not make her judgmental.

The pamphlet discusses issues such as respect, trust, honesty, fairness, equality, and good communication. At 13, I am not sure how high they can score on this questionnaire. She answered poorly to the "respect" section. I chalk that up to his immaturity. But, then again, I've known a lot of adult people who wouldn't score very well on the questions. I see a lot of sad relationships.

No comments: