Thursday, October 21, 2004

One from the Myrtle Beach archives.


Here is one from last year. Myrtle Beach in the very early a.m. Before the sunrise. There were quite a few people out and about wanting to catch pictures of the sunrise. What I didn't know was, I was on a section of the beach that curves down and actually faces the south. You had to walk and walk and walk to get the East shore. So, I just took pics of what I could without walking for miles.

I bought an electric drill and fixed my own back door today. I actually bought the drill to hang curtains. My nephew said to me, "I can't believe you don't have an electric drill." I never needed one. Now that I am getting older, I don't have the torque in my wrists like I used to. I hung one set of curtains a week ago and I could not get the screw into the wood work. Maybe this house is more solid than all the others I have lived in. I don't know. Maybe all the keyboarding has weakened my wrists. I don't know.

I had called the handy man that was here a month ago (he put the bottom piece on the door). It was catching on the outside of the door and wouldn't close properly. It didn't do it until a week after he finished. (The story of my life. Don't even get me started on plumbers). He never called back.

I think that unless you have a job for them that is over $200, they don't want to bother with you. I guess I can see their point. So, I better bite the bullet and just dive in. I was willing to pay someone to do the small jobs, but I have smelled the coffee, so to speak.

Anyway, with two teenagers in the house, the cats are getting out. I think one has brought fleas back with her. Damn! I was just thinking this is the first year I have not had fleas on my cats. Double damn.

No comments: