What a wonderful time my sister and I had on Saturday with the Fall Festival. On Sundays it is just too crowded with the antique car show. I walked so much I thought my feet would fall off. We stayed there 6 hours. I took plenty of pictures that should pretty much fill up all of October until Halloween. The campers did such a great job decorating their campers this year! And, don't tell anyone, but there was one for sale. Oh, how tempting it would be.
With the one shown above, this was just one corner of their campsite. There were some people sitting on their porch and when they saw me taking pictures, they turned the smoke on. It was great. What sports they were. It did rain on us from time to time, and became quite windy, but we prevailed. I know that Sunday was the pleasanter day to go, but I knew what crowds that would draw.
I saw so many nice crafts and centerpieces, I just can't tell you. I was risky and snapped away a few pics of the crafts, until one lady asked me to stop. They don't like anyone taking pictures of their artwork. I kind of knew that when I was taking them. Out of respect for them, I will not print any here. Just the campers and the fun.
And the food. Wow. It is usually the same stands every year in the same places, so I know what I have tried before. I went for the "chicken delight" this year. It was so, so yummy. Grilled pieces of exquisite white chicken meat with onions, peppers on a gyro with ranch dressing. It was delightful. My sister said it just tasted so good to me because I was so hungry. Could be. My Mom always said "Anything's good when you're hungry." I think she just had trouble taking a compliment when I would say "Mom, this is good!"
I bought a welcome sign for my front door. I like changing them through-out the seasons. I have one that I just love that I cannot find. My good friend gave it to me when I first bought the house. I can't find it and it is driving me nuts. (The friend that was up over the Labor day holiday). I will post pictures of my new welcome sign later in October.
And I need to begin my own decorating for Halloween. Kick myself in the butt, get myself going. It is going to be cold this week. I got the furnace checked out for the season and I turned it on this morning. It got down to 67 degrees in the house. Brrr! I had company and I felt bad. It warmed up quickly. I have the thermostat set to 69 degrees in case it gets chilly tonight. Stay warm.
No comments:
Post a Comment