See the long shadows coming from the right side of the photo? Day is drawing near an end. This is where I stole off to after work today. My camera was ready today. What a relaxing atmosphere. I was able to capture some of the hills around the school with the fall leaves turning their brilliant, blazing colors.
I like Peter, Paul and Mary. That is where I got the title for this blog. Their song "Day is Done."
There was one lone sailboat on the lake today. A small fishing boat passed by, but he was quiet. He didn't run his motor very much.
The atmosphere catapulted me from the dreary school to a sea of tranquility. Nothing like walking into a school and having the secretary make the sign of a cross with her fingers at me. Like they do to keep dracula away. She only sees me when their Internet is down (which in this case includes her telephone lines). She is superstitious. She thinks I am going to jinx it. I would be burned at the stake if this were the 17th century.
One of my daughter's friends had her little brother over today. I was recording him with my camera and I asked him how old he was. He hesitated and said "I don't know. One." This boy was much older than one. I thought, "how sad." His sister told me he was six. I didn't ask any more questions. I just took some very cute pictures of him. He giggled a lot. He said I was 'crazy'.
No comments:
Post a Comment