Monday, October 18, 2004

Oy Vay!

This may be the last picture you see of the lake for a while. I lost all 200 of my lake pictures. I only have about 10 saved. They happen to be the ones I sent friends and family and the ones I put in this blog. My friends were gracious enough to send the pics back to me when they found out I wiped mine out.

I wrote on Friday that I ordered some hacker books. I overwrote my mbr on Saturday. I guess I wasn't feeling challenged enough. No, just kidding. I didn't really mean to do it. It is one of those things. I was trying something (stupid, I admit) but nontheless I overwrote it. My backup was one month old (Wince).

Okay, so I can laugh about it now. Usually I can fix things like this myself, but I was having trouble. I had to call Dell. :( What kind of person works week-ends in technical support? Answer: The good ones. The reason why I couldn't recover was because I have two RAID drives instead of one hard drive. Dell had to help me create extra boot files on a floppy disk because of this.

Like I said in my profile: I work with computers and sometimes against them. What a learning experience. Fortunately, I only lost a couple of documents and the pictures. I did have the cute little movies of the neighbor boy. The one who is 6 and said he was one. He was adorable. I'll see if I can get him back and re-take them. His giggle was so infectious.

We are back up and running, now. Much cleaner, I must say. First off was the anti-virus updates and the Windows critical updates. Both of those took like and hour. I have put the hacker books away. You may see them for sale real cheap on ebay or something (wicked grin).

Oy vay.

No comments: