Monday, October 25, 2004

Along a side road


I didn't make it to the pumpkin patch today, I took a side road instead. I came across an Amish stand selling pumpkins, dried flowers and various gourds and vegetables. The lady was kind and said she was just about to setup the "honor" stand. When I got up to the counter, I saw a sign that said pay by the honor system. I had no idea there was such a thing any more. Well, there it is, alive and well in Holmes county, Ohio.

Along a side road, I found a place to pull off the road and captured some colorful autumn changes. One was the above pond. The fish swam away as soon as I walked up to the pond, but eventually they came back. There was one big fella, he looked at me for a long time. I took a few pictures, but the water was murky and they didn't turn out very well.

A nice contrast was the crisp golden yellow tree leaves against the clear blue sky. I will post one of those later in the week. I think another nice contrast is the pumpkin orange against the mossy green grass.

It should be interesting to see what people blog about after the election. Of course they will talk about who is not doing their job or who could have done a better job, I suppose. But, some blogs I read are infested with politics. As if there is nothing else to talk about. I got a kick out of one blogger who said "check the facts!" go to such and such web page. That is checking the facts? I could post anything I want about anybody on a web page. And this blogger was a ripe old age of 23.

I have a young relative who is full of "the world is in such a mess because of global warming". They get this from their high school teacher. We have an unusually warm day, yep - global warming. If global warming is indeed a fact, I am sure we are still allowed to have an extraordinary warm day now and again. I don't think the Pioneers blamed Indian summer on global warming.





1 comment:

Tabor said...

Global warming is much bigger than just an unusually warm day or even an unusually warm season. It affects a lots of things in very small ways (plankton, currents, reptiles) that the average person doesn't see. It can actually create colder weather in places.