The neighbor's pineI stumbled out of my bedroom this morning making a beeline for the coffee pot. I glanced out the front window and saw three inches of snow on the ground! I yelled to my daughter (who was already showered and getting herself a bowl of cereal) "I'm checking school closings!"
I logged on and saw six schools closed and about four on a two hour delay. A refresh brought up my daughter's school as closed. Every refresh would bring another one. By the time I was done checking 23 had closed and all who were on a 2-hour delay had caved in and closed. We have our first Snow Day of the school year!
We ate breakfast and relaxed a bit, then we bundled up and took the dog and camera outside. I figure my camera is pretty banged up anyway and getting a few snowflakes on it won't do it any more harm. The piece that slides over the lens to turn the camera on and off is making a grinding noise and I have to almost force it to work.
My daughter and I goofed off a good bit. I had already set up beef vegetable soup the night before for the crock pot and that simmered along nicely all day. I added corn bread. Perfect snowy day food. For dessert we had french vanilla cocoa. We watched the snowy blizzard in the late afternoon from our living room.
The only thing I had to do was take Sable to the vet's office for an allergy shot and to get her toe nails clipped. The poor thing. She is getting to where she knows the vet's office and she makes a beeline for the back door once we get into the examining room. She gives me the most sorrowful "you tricked me!" look. It breaks my heart.
My daughter is at her boyfriend's house and I cracked open the "Object Oriented Programming with Java" book that I borrowed from work. So far, so good. It is going over basic HTML which I am familiar with. Whew. At least I am not starting off lost.
My daughter and I goofed off a good bit. I had already set up beef vegetable soup the night before for the crock pot and that simmered along nicely all day. I added corn bread. Perfect snowy day food. For dessert we had french vanilla cocoa. We watched the snowy blizzard in the late afternoon from our living room.
The only thing I had to do was take Sable to the vet's office for an allergy shot and to get her toe nails clipped. The poor thing. She is getting to where she knows the vet's office and she makes a beeline for the back door once we get into the examining room. She gives me the most sorrowful "you tricked me!" look. It breaks my heart.
My daughter is at her boyfriend's house and I cracked open the "Object Oriented Programming with Java" book that I borrowed from work. So far, so good. It is going over basic HTML which I am familiar with. Whew. At least I am not starting off lost.
1 comment:
It sounds like you had a magnificent day. Great bonding day too with your daughter.
We had some snow today but not much, maybe an inch. More's coming though.
Post a Comment