
Office lights
Turning off the overhead lights and turning on the tree lights at night give the office a whole different feeling. This was taken a few months ago when my daughter took driver's training at the office building I work in. I just worked in the office until she was done. One evening I was bored, so I turned the tree lights on and turned off the overhead lights and snapped a few photos.
It has been ages since I worked at night. I used to work an afternoon shift. For three months a midnight shift. A lot of times I was a sucker and took a 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. shift. What kind of life is that, I ask you? It was a party girl's dream. Except I didn't party any more.
Now I am in the school building. If I work after hours I have to make sure somebody (like a custodian) is going to be in the building. Today was a freaking nightmare. I knew that I was going to be doing a huge job and I started as early as the school would allow. 9 a.m. The secretary's had to get attendance in. It went downhill fast. Anything that could go wrong did go wrong. You know the drill.
Driving home I wanted to cry, but tears never come. I felt like I had been worked over with a 2x4. Every muscle hurt, my mind hurt. I didn't get a migraine, but I took an Advil to ease all the aches and pains. I am not sure if it was the stress of the day (along with carrying my laptop into buildings and work tools) or if I may be coming down with something.
All ended well. I got it all to work. The schools weren't too happy because it took longer than it was supposed to, but you will have that with technology. The machines. Like a gremlin inside them causing havoc.
Which reminds me. My brother owned an AMC Hornet/Gremlin. It was one of the ugliest cars that I have ever seen or driven. I drove it in the summer of '76 back and forth to work. It was his second car. My fondest memory was the 8-track tape player. Bee Gees. I think it was the 1969 "Best of the Bee Gees". Before the Disco craze. Back when we played the same tape over and over and over again.
Which reminds me. My brother owned an AMC Hornet/Gremlin. It was one of the ugliest cars that I have ever seen or driven. I drove it in the summer of '76 back and forth to work. It was his second car. My fondest memory was the 8-track tape player. Bee Gees. I think it was the 1969 "Best of the Bee Gees". Before the Disco craze. Back when we played the same tape over and over and over again.
The music was great. 8-tracks are obsolete, and that car was a real piece of junk. It crumpled up like a tin can. The body was made of soft tin, I swear. I didn't wreck it. You only had to lean on it to crumple it. We shut the hood one time and it bent right in half. Buckled in two. It was a shame to put the word "American" on a brand of vehicle (AMC) that was so inferior. Just a shame. How about that Pacer?
No comments:
Post a Comment