
Western sunset looking out across Bacon Ridge
I spent Saturday visiting my sister who lives out on Bacon Ridge. I was kind of wondering, how does the ridge get the name of bacon? I am thinking that there was a pig farmer who owned most of the ridge and pigs = bacon? The next ridge over is Timothy. Is this named after timothy weeds? Who knows.
I want to thank all the bloggers who gave me support over my grief of how my home office handled the hospitilization of a co-worker. I just want so much to believe that I am going to go into work tomorrow and they are going to contact us and say "Hey, we are sending W** a basket, or a card with money," or something along those lines.
I want to believe that there is good in all people. That the week-end brought them to their senses. Hey, it could happen.
One long week down out of the long month of January.
I want to believe that there is good in all people. That the week-end brought them to their senses. Hey, it could happen.
One long week down out of the long month of January.
2 comments:
You can never understand office co-workers. When my sister died of cancer years ago, I didn't even get a card. When my husband had back surgery they sent a plant. When two of my male co-workers turned 50 the past two months we all signed cards and some staff made funny gifts. I turned the big 60 on the 21st of this month and didn't receive so much as a verbal Happy Birthday...I don't let this stuff bother me, because it doesn't reflect on me...it reflects on them!
yes, it most certainly does reflect back onto them.
Happy belated birthday! I have a dear friend turning 60 the end of this month.
Post a Comment