Sunday, January 28, 2007

Little Drummer Boy


My Grand Nephew

You know it is a rule somewhere. Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles can buy little boys and girls toys that make noise. It is a sort of payback to the parent. (grin). I am so glad that he was not in my house this week-end with that drum. My head would surely have exploded.

I missed two birthday parties for two very good friends. It ticks me off. If I get even one migraine this week I am calling the doctor. This was ridiculous. My daughter had a doctor appointment forty miles away Wednesday night. I had to go shopping Thursday night and Friday I logged about 200 miles on my car. By Saturday my head said "No more." I am "sensory sensitive" I think. I need to have down time to counteract the surplus of activity. I dreaded this week-end, I knew that I was going to be stressed with all the running. It built up and my system said "That's it. If you wont' stop, I'll stop you." And, it did just that.

Oh, well. Both friends were very understanding. I am finally getting some energy this afternoon to fix a nice dinner, clean up the house and play with my dog and daughter. Easy does it, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I notice that the sticks were attached so that they can't accidentally get misplaced!!

Tabor

Peruby said...

Yes, I see that. The toy companies are getting pretty smart.