
Wolf run, OH
My family lived in this hollow's area before I was born. I don't know for how long. A year maybe? We moved around a lot back then. This photo is from last summer. Still quiet. Still picturesque. Still depressed. Not much changes back in Wolf Run. I think there are a couple of areas in my state with the name wolf run. This one is in the mid-eastern part of the state. Near the WV panhandle.
I wanted some changes with my web page. I am not completely happy with the results. I may tweak it some more. I may get bored with it and move on to something else. Like cleaning my file drawers. New Year and all. I am slowly taking down the decorations from the holidays. New totes and all.
Not sure if I will do the artificial tree again next year. Are you using all your gifts? Or, are most of them still sitting in a corner of your room? I put the last one of mine up into use yesterday and it promptly fell off the wall. It is a heavy clock. I'll have to secure a better anchor for it. LOL! It survived.
I had company over the 3-day week-end. What did we watch? Oh, yes. The Illusionist. It was a nice little romance story. A mystery, too. Edward Norton is okay. Rufus Sewell makes a great bad guy and most people do like the actor Paul Giamatti. I do. Although I have not seen Lady in the Water, yet.
Friday night was a bit different. I traveled north about an hour to have dinner with friends and then we were going to do a game night. I brought my board game Tripoly along because I didn't recall exactly how to play it and I needed a refresher. Plans changed and we went to a friend's brother's house. That is where things went downhill for me.
I was driving so I wasn't drinking. The pool table and foosball were in the basement. This is the first time I had been to his house. One side of the basement he had a roaring fire. It was already hot. The other side was the pool table. Out of six of us, four smoked. And smoked. The room filled up with cigarette smoke in less than an hour and we stayed for three. My eyes were stinging and I was choking. I'll not do that again.
This brother was recently divorced (2nd marriage) and his basement looked a good bit like a bachelor pad. He had NASCAR posters all over the walls. Cheyenne would appreciate the fact that he had many posters of Junior and his Father. Big fan. I don't mind somebody expressing their interest in a sport or a rock band with photos and posters on the wall. Far from it. It gives us something to look at while we are waiting our turn to play pool. He did not have an inch of basement wall to spare.
However, underneath the pool table, leaning up against the feet were two photos of his children. On the floor, out of sight. Hmmm. The children were from his first marriage. This was his second divorce. Race car drivers on the wall, children on the floor underneath the pool table. I guess it could be that his second wife didn't allow him to hang the pictures so he stuck them under there. Maybe?
I wanted some changes with my web page. I am not completely happy with the results. I may tweak it some more. I may get bored with it and move on to something else. Like cleaning my file drawers. New Year and all. I am slowly taking down the decorations from the holidays. New totes and all.
Not sure if I will do the artificial tree again next year. Are you using all your gifts? Or, are most of them still sitting in a corner of your room? I put the last one of mine up into use yesterday and it promptly fell off the wall. It is a heavy clock. I'll have to secure a better anchor for it. LOL! It survived.
I had company over the 3-day week-end. What did we watch? Oh, yes. The Illusionist. It was a nice little romance story. A mystery, too. Edward Norton is okay. Rufus Sewell makes a great bad guy and most people do like the actor Paul Giamatti. I do. Although I have not seen Lady in the Water, yet.
Friday night was a bit different. I traveled north about an hour to have dinner with friends and then we were going to do a game night. I brought my board game Tripoly along because I didn't recall exactly how to play it and I needed a refresher. Plans changed and we went to a friend's brother's house. That is where things went downhill for me.
I was driving so I wasn't drinking. The pool table and foosball were in the basement. This is the first time I had been to his house. One side of the basement he had a roaring fire. It was already hot. The other side was the pool table. Out of six of us, four smoked. And smoked. The room filled up with cigarette smoke in less than an hour and we stayed for three. My eyes were stinging and I was choking. I'll not do that again.
This brother was recently divorced (2nd marriage) and his basement looked a good bit like a bachelor pad. He had NASCAR posters all over the walls. Cheyenne would appreciate the fact that he had many posters of Junior and his Father. Big fan. I don't mind somebody expressing their interest in a sport or a rock band with photos and posters on the wall. Far from it. It gives us something to look at while we are waiting our turn to play pool. He did not have an inch of basement wall to spare.
However, underneath the pool table, leaning up against the feet were two photos of his children. On the floor, out of sight. Hmmm. The children were from his first marriage. This was his second divorce. Race car drivers on the wall, children on the floor underneath the pool table. I guess it could be that his second wife didn't allow him to hang the pictures so he stuck them under there. Maybe?
Do you believe what goes around comes around? Many years ago he stepped out on his wife with another woman and married her. Ten years or so later, that woman stepped out on him.
Things picked up on Saturday and Sunday. My company came and we had some laughs and played games and watched a movie. During some of the quieter times I began removing the decorations, so it was slow going.
Everybody leaves today so maybe I can get some more put away. Oh, wait. I was real smart and scheduled two appointments today. Because I am off work and my daughter is out of school. Smart! It seemed like a good idea a month or so ago. (grin). I almost scheduled three appointments but thank goodness common sense kicked in. We have until 1:30 so I better get started.
It is still raining in the eastern Ohio Valley. Another very wet winter, so far.
Things picked up on Saturday and Sunday. My company came and we had some laughs and played games and watched a movie. During some of the quieter times I began removing the decorations, so it was slow going.
Everybody leaves today so maybe I can get some more put away. Oh, wait. I was real smart and scheduled two appointments today. Because I am off work and my daughter is out of school. Smart! It seemed like a good idea a month or so ago. (grin). I almost scheduled three appointments but thank goodness common sense kicked in. We have until 1:30 so I better get started.
It is still raining in the eastern Ohio Valley. Another very wet winter, so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment