
Moose
Usually ear hair grosses me out, but not so much on this precious face. Next month, she will celebrate one year with the Peruby household. We still have clumps of matted hair on her, she does not like me to mess with them. She is our twice-spayed cat. She is becoming friendlier with each passing month.
I had a family get together last night, and I won't be making to a friendship dinner tonight. I may go to the after dinner party, so that I can give my gifts. I am worn out. I had a full blown migraine this morning and I wasn't sure I could pull out of it with my medicine, but after six hours I am able to move around a little. It still beats the 24 hour downtime with vomiting.
The stress from the family episode last night left me reeling. It hit me like a two by four in the face. People I have known all my life falling apart at the seams. Life just has a way of smacking you in the face, doesn't it? There you are, the youngest of eight children. Ages range from 46 to 64. Life's road is twisty and a bit bumpy at times, but all of a sudden you turn a corner and BAM! The family runs into a brick wall and everyone is staggering backwards stunned and in shock.
My dream a few weeks ago about the swinging bridge? Did my sister fall off or is she still hanging on? Did somebody else come along in time to save her? Did she save herself? Knowing my sister, she probably built herself a whole new bridge.
My dream a few weeks ago about the swinging bridge? Did my sister fall off or is she still hanging on? Did somebody else come along in time to save her? Did she save herself? Knowing my sister, she probably built herself a whole new bridge.
3 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about your family. I know that you must feel very helpless, but take care of your health. That is the only way you can be there for those that love you. Glad that hellish migraine is gone!
Family Stree is the WORST STRESS! I know as the youngest of 6, so we are in the same boat. I am the sole provider for my aged blind mother, she still lives alone, across town. The others, one lives upstate, one is dead, but the other three have "washed their hands" and aren't stepping up anymore. Since my husband went back t work, after the 2nd stem cell transplant, the one that was helping doesn't anymore. They all just don't get it, I can't do this by myself, I have small kids, their kids are grown ups, but if I don't, no one will. My mother wouldn't even eat if it wasn't for me doing her grocery shopping and packing her little meals here and freezing them! So I get what you mean, but I hope your situation isn't as bad. I hope that your sister did "build a new bridge for herself!"
Take care of your own and your own health first, let them that are older, work their stuff out and then you all can step up to help!
Tabor - you are right. I must take care of my health. I cancelled all for Saturday and Sunday (the headache returned Sunday morning). I drank coffee (caffeine withdraw) and finally by 4:00 p.m. - I am back to normal. Well, as normal as I can be.
Miki - I remember the days when my Mom sat alone waiting for somebody (anybody) to come visit her or take her to town. I went as many times as I could on Saturday or Sunday and still felt as if it weren't enough. Others went once every two months or once every six months. I guess we all did what we could.
My sister told me that she and her husband smoothed Friday night over. Big sigh. Not the major issue, but at least both their behavior issues were tackled and talked out.
Post a Comment