Sunday, January 21, 2007

Nothing to show when you procrastinate


Purple Iris

The harder I try to catch up, I feel the more I get behind. Pack rat, junk, distractions...the list can go on and on. When I try to organize and clean I get caught up in finding something that I misplaced or looking at photographs, or going off on a tangent.

I wanted to plant more tulips this fall along with some Iris bulbs. Like the one above. This purple one is from an alley behind my work building.

I watched The Da Vinci Code. It was long and I did move around and try to do stuff while watching it. If I sat through the entire thing, I would fall asleep. A few little twists here and there and some ghastly scenes.

I thought that January would be long and dreary and here it is the 21st - 22nd and I can't get caught up. Next week-end looks like a very busy one. It is one of those times when everything got planned for that time frame. One thing right after another. I get nervous when things happen like that. I like my down time. I need time to sit and relax.

February is filling up fast also. It just happens that way sometimes.

I watched the news tonight and a couple miles away from me a car crashed through a guard rail and plowed into the Tuscarawas river. They have called off the search until morning. The news stated that they didn't know how many people were in the car, but my daughter heard two teenage girls. Her boyfriends father works for WJER radio station. That was where she was when she heard the news. She is upset because chances are she will know of the girls. She may not be good friends with them but they probably go to her school or to the teen Park place that she goes to.


We may be looking at an icy road condition tomorrow morning. I hope that they cancel schools because I can really use an extra day to get my house organized. I just don't know where I am going to store everything anymore. Sigh. Maybe I should just have the city put a big dumpster in front of my house for a week or so. That might do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We went the dumpster route once, and I am ready to do it again. I would just as soon close off the basement and pour cement down there than get rid of all the stuff we no longer want or use. We can still burn in barrels so I get rid of a lot of stuff that way, and of course there is always charity organizations. I swear the stuff breeds and accumulates on its own.