Sunday, June 11, 2006

Tootsie Roll



Let's see that tootsie roll!


There is a dance song out recently. Of course the lyrics are not very nice, not many are these days. But it has a hip hop beat that the kids like to dance to. My great nephew's onesie reminded me of the song. Regardless, he appears to be having a good time. I think my sister was tickling his feet to get him to laugh.

I come from the generation where "tootsie" means toes. As in 'wiggle your tootsies'.

Since I played yesterday, I need to buckle down and work today. Cleaning and yard work. We are in the middle of a cool snap weather-wise. That will make the outside work easier. I am not a big fan of hot weather and the blazing sun. I don't mind it if I can sit in the shade and sip iced tea, but if I have to work in it, I'll get sicker than a dog.

My daughter was not feeling well around Memorial day and I took her to the doctor last Monday. She said that my daughter has a sinus infection, prescribed antibiotics and would be feeling her old self by Thursday. Of course if she wasn't, we are to call. Well, my daughter is sicker than ever. She is sleeping. She has been taking her antibiotics regularly, but now has a very sore throat with the white blisters. I get confused about what antibiotics will help and what they won't. I do believe that they will help strep throat (if that is what it is). I'll call the doctor tomorrow to see what our next step should be. It's been a real drag for her for summer vacation and an easy cop out in the "chore" department.

I'm going to Google the antibiotic confusion so that I get it straight in my head. ..........Later, okay I am more confused than ever. I read that antibiotics won't cure a virus, but will battle the bacterial infection that may be affiliated with it?.........Even later, getting a little bit clearer. Wow, there is a lot to this antibiotic stuff. I'm satisfied that the doctor gave the correct medicine for a sinus infection, but need some clarification as to what to do for this (possible) strep throat. ......More later, I think that perhaps she needs a throat culture and for the doctor to re-determine if the antibiotics she prescribed for the sinus infection will suffice or if my daughter needs a different type of antibiotic or a stronger dose. Okay, I never, ever wanted to go into medicine - but I'll research anything. I love to learn.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

I'd still give her lots of fluids and an analgesic to help her sleep unless she has allergies to those.

Peruby said...

Oh yeah. I got her plenty of Gatorade and she takes Advil 30 minutes before her antibiotics because they give her such a headache.