I know. Another post of a flower. That is all I have been seeing and thinking about. Well folks, the hydrangea is in the ground! (Hear the harps playing in the background with a band of angels singing 'Hallelujah!'). I got out there after the rain and dug and dug. I plopped it in and soaked it real good and hope and pray that it survives. The tag said part shade. I planted it next to my lilac which I hope will shield it from the sun.
For the first time in my 46 years I have poison ivy. Or, the first time that I am aware that I do. I was all over the woods as a kid. I never paid it no mind. It was just last year that I found myself standing in the middle of a thousand three-leafed plants and I took pictures. My brother (schooled in botany) told me that 'Yes' they were pictures of the plant poison ivy. With my fair and sensitive skin I thought for sure I would get it when I was younger.
I read an article last week that because of global warming that poison ivy is thriving. The more carbon dioxide there is in the air, the more abundant the plant will be. Well, it caught me on the ankle. I was always eaten alive by mosquitoes and I freely admit, I would not leave the bites alone. They drove me crazy. As I get older I notice less attacks from the omnivore pests, though. Tougher skin or less exposure outside, who knows?
So I am being very careful not to spread the stuff since this is my first outbreak.
The above photo of a pink rose was taken while walking during lunch again behind my office. Earl says "Hi!"
So I am being very careful not to spread the stuff since this is my first outbreak.
The above photo of a pink rose was taken while walking during lunch again behind my office. Earl says "Hi!"

4 comments:
Someone at work told me today thatvinegar cures poison ivy.
I don't buy it, but I sure as hell never thought I'd get to pass on that little tidbit within 8 hours of hearing.
I don't know. That sounds kind of painful. A long time ago I heard someone say clorox. Good grief. That has to hurt!
So far lotions and cocoa butter are working.
I have white vinegar and red wine vinegar. I'll keep them in mind, thanks.
When I was a kid I was always in the woods and I never got poison ivy. I thought I was immune forever. But a few years ago it caught up with me. So before it got out of hand, I put bandaids where I had broken out (after I smeared calamine lotion on). And because of that I never scratched the ivy.
Now it's my excuse for not having to pull weeds. lol
Ok, the researcher on National Public Radio, that talked about poison ivy and global warming said that putting on Vitaman E oil worked for her...who knows. Give Earl a dog biscuit for me.
Post a Comment