Waiting for a bee to exit my vehicle.
Well, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. I was taking pictures while cutting across a back road coming home from a school today. Yes, two bees flew into my open window, so I stopped on top of the hill, rolled up the windows and opened the hatch. That is where they fly to - the back window. They left, I got some great shots of the valley and I was on my way.
As I slowly drove along, I wondered what it would be like to live on top of this hill. You could see in every direction. I could only imagine the pictures I could get when a storm is coming. Sigh. I don't think I will venture that way the next time a storm is at hand. I'll stay close to home.
No more news on the little girl and boy from the Ferris wheel incident. However, I did find out that 12 trees fell in a two mile radius of my house last Thursday night during the storm. A tornado touched down west of here and ripped the roof off of a barn and it lay crumpled in their field like twisted pieces of tin. Small tornadoes are not unusual in Ohio, but I wouldn't care to see anything like what hit Xenia in 1974.
Well, it's back to mowing for me. I have to do it in sections because the humidity is extreme.
No more news on the little girl and boy from the Ferris wheel incident. However, I did find out that 12 trees fell in a two mile radius of my house last Thursday night during the storm. A tornado touched down west of here and ripped the roof off of a barn and it lay crumpled in their field like twisted pieces of tin. Small tornadoes are not unusual in Ohio, but I wouldn't care to see anything like what hit Xenia in 1974.
Well, it's back to mowing for me. I have to do it in sections because the humidity is extreme.

4 comments:
Smart to let the bee out! My kids are so afraid of them, the older BOYS scream like frightened girls when bees fly near! I started posting again, will do so when the writing muse hits me, not an everyday thing, though!
I am allergic to bee stings, so I think I would still be running down that road.
I knew a man years ago who panicked when he had a moth in his car and ended up almost roling down a canyon.
Always wise to pullover and assess. Just remember that bees are not usually agressive and just as eager to get on their way. I tell people that, but they still panic.
The bees are annoying, but I used this as an excuse to stop and take some pictures. They probably wouldn't have been in my car, but I had rolled my window down to get some "shoulder shots".
I am glad that I am not allergic.
Post a Comment