Sable is pouting because I just told her not to do something.
While out taking some pictures at dusk the other evening, Sable was certainly curious about something in the bushes. Since my daughter had discovered the mama cat with four babies last week, I was standing by to make sure she didn't hurt anything.
She pulled out a half-eaten rabbit carcass. Ugh. Now I know that the wild cat family had only stopped to eat. I sternly told her to "Leave it alone." She put her nose in the grass and pouted as I continued taking my pictures.
She did not want to come inside when I was finished but I made her go. I went back out with a garbage bag and disposed of the deceased. Still, we have seen no sign of the traveling cat family. They have moved on, I wish them well.
My daughter woke me up in the wee hours of the morning. Her upper arms were covered in a red, bumpy rash. I am really getting anxious, now. After checking over the rest of her body (she has little bumps on the front of her stomach) and making sure her throat was not closing from any swelling, I sent her back to bed. I had searched the house for Benadryl, could have sworn I had some, but no. I browsed the Internet for about an hour afterwards to research this. She has been sick since May 29th. She went to the doctor on June 5th. She received antibiotics for a sinus infection. Not better by the 12th, I called the doctor. She has the white blisters on the back of her throat, still has swollen glands. The doctor prescribed a new antibiotic. My daughter started them on Tuesday.
I will call the doctor again this morning. They don't answer the phones until 8:30 and then it is a hit and miss ordeal. Is the rash part of the illness or is it a reaction to the new antibiotic? My daughter swears it is the Worcestershire sauce I added to the hamburgers. (I shouldn't have told her.)
The blisters on the back of her throat are the size of dimes (or close to it). Both sides. She is finding it very hard to swallow. She did eat yesterday, but she hasn't eaten much. I have popsicles, applesauce and plenty of Gatorade. And sore throat lozenges. She won't take them. Doesn't like them, she says.
She is still very congested. The rash is mostly gone this morning, but will it re-appear after she takes her morning does of antibiotics? I will instruct her not to take the dose until after I speak with the doctor's office. Am I being impatient? She is not sick very often and maybe it just needs to run it's course. I don't like the swollen glands. She says that her gums hurt too. Is there really anything more the doctor can do? Prescribe yet another round of antibiotics? While we keep dumping the old stuff in the trash?
I myself, am allergic to penicillin. My face swelled up like a balloon when I was nineteen. But, the medicine was old and that was before I knew you were to take all of the medicine until it was gone not just until you were feeling better. I had put the rest in the medicine cabinet and when I had another sore throat (about six months later) I started taking the penicillin again. Big mistake. I know better, now.
I have sneezed about a dozen times since I started this post. Now, I have a headache.
My daughter woke me up in the wee hours of the morning. Her upper arms were covered in a red, bumpy rash. I am really getting anxious, now. After checking over the rest of her body (she has little bumps on the front of her stomach) and making sure her throat was not closing from any swelling, I sent her back to bed. I had searched the house for Benadryl, could have sworn I had some, but no. I browsed the Internet for about an hour afterwards to research this. She has been sick since May 29th. She went to the doctor on June 5th. She received antibiotics for a sinus infection. Not better by the 12th, I called the doctor. She has the white blisters on the back of her throat, still has swollen glands. The doctor prescribed a new antibiotic. My daughter started them on Tuesday.
I will call the doctor again this morning. They don't answer the phones until 8:30 and then it is a hit and miss ordeal. Is the rash part of the illness or is it a reaction to the new antibiotic? My daughter swears it is the Worcestershire sauce I added to the hamburgers. (I shouldn't have told her.)
The blisters on the back of her throat are the size of dimes (or close to it). Both sides. She is finding it very hard to swallow. She did eat yesterday, but she hasn't eaten much. I have popsicles, applesauce and plenty of Gatorade. And sore throat lozenges. She won't take them. Doesn't like them, she says.
She is still very congested. The rash is mostly gone this morning, but will it re-appear after she takes her morning does of antibiotics? I will instruct her not to take the dose until after I speak with the doctor's office. Am I being impatient? She is not sick very often and maybe it just needs to run it's course. I don't like the swollen glands. She says that her gums hurt too. Is there really anything more the doctor can do? Prescribe yet another round of antibiotics? While we keep dumping the old stuff in the trash?
I myself, am allergic to penicillin. My face swelled up like a balloon when I was nineteen. But, the medicine was old and that was before I knew you were to take all of the medicine until it was gone not just until you were feeling better. I had put the rest in the medicine cabinet and when I had another sore throat (about six months later) I started taking the penicillin again. Big mistake. I know better, now.
I have sneezed about a dozen times since I started this post. Now, I have a headache.

2 comments:
No, you're not impatient. I would have demanded an answer by now, though. I can't sit around and wait when it comes to stuff like that...hope she is better by now.
Better knowing what it is, but not better because it is going to be a while before the symptoms all disappear because it is mono. Thanks for your well wishes.
Post a Comment