Sunset at the top of Park Hill
I woke up feeling very depressed today for some reason. Bad dreams? Maybe. We had a rash of storms run through the area last night. Lightning galore. Many booms. Lost electricity twice. I tossed and turned. I haven't been sleeping that well, anyway.
I awoke with a sense of dread. Grabbed a cup of coffee and caught up on e-mails. Made me feel more melancholy than I already am.
While checking my work equipment (remotely from my home desktop PC) I see that I have some schools down. Not that they are in session, but the Administrative offices are. Some schools house their Board of Education in their high schools. Sigh. That would be the secretaries that work all summer and get the payroll out and they pay the bills during the summer months. Superintendents and Treasurers are in all year long. Darn storms.
While browsing, my mouse kept going dead. I finally popped two fresh batteries in. I wish I could do the same with me. Blah.

3 comments:
Hey now there's a really unique idea...when we are feeling down, just pop some fresh batteries in. I like that idea.
Sounds like the post spring blahs...always hits just before the really hot weather. Find a place where you can get an iced coffee or milk shake and drink slowly.
No break today. I had major headaches with equipment having been hit by the storm last night. I got one up and running, but still have another down.
The one I spent four hours on was on the fourth floor where the air conditioner had been off all night and I was miserable. If I sat directly in front of the unit I cooled down.
Then we had tornado warnings all over the place when I got home and I was bailing water out of a window well and I was soaked. I managed a few pictures with my daughter's camera. What a mess! I am exhausted. Well, we just lost cable again. A neighbor's tree was hit by lightning - he got his chainsaw out.
It's going to be one of THOSE summers!
Post a Comment