Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Field "peppered" with flowers


Flowers in the field

This one was also taken at the big lake I visited last week. Along with honeysuckle it grew along the bank behind the (p u) rest stop rest rooms.

When I was four (or so my Mother told me) I snuck the pepper off of the kitchen table, took it behind the couch in the living room and attempted to eat it. My Mom told me I had pepper in my eyes, up my nose and in my hair. Needless to say I didn't touch pepper for about twenty years or more after that incident.

I guess I MAY have been hungry. But the PEPPER shaker! What a choice!

2 comments:

sherle said...

Obviously you are related to lemon and spice! ;-) Your story about her reminds me of when our kids were small & we would take them out to dinner a few times a year. When it was the fish fry place, my youngest little girl always ate the lemon slices!!!

Peruby said...

No, she is a friend's granddaughter. We arranged to meet at an Indian restaurant.

I like lemon in my iced tea, but can't eat them by themselves. Too sour!