Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Outdoor lamp light



Outside early evening after the Memorial Day Hawk event.

Sometimes I just have to sit and wonder. What are people thinking?
Overheard today at work:

K: I'm moving back into my house, after my brother moves out. (Boyfriend) ain't gonna like it.

L: Is he upset?

K: Oh, yeah. He didn't believe me until he saw me packing my stuff up in boxes. He was in a rage last evening and threw all my patio furniture in his truck and took it over to my house.

L: So, are you calling it quits?

K: Yeah, but he don't know it. I'm gonna keep him strung along until I get all my stuff moved back into my house and then I'm gonna drop his ass.

L: Yeah, just use him for when you need something.

News bulletin. Unless he is a complete idiot (and I have seen my share) he already knows your relationship is on the rocks.

Why are people like this? Is it true what I heard years ago, that the world is made up of givers and takers?

4 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Yup...givers and takers...and those that never learn the difference. Does that make sense? It did when I said it to myself, but now that I look at it, it doesn't. Oh well.

Tabor said...

I think the givers live longer, healthier lives---maybe poorer and not enough junk---but the takers live lives of stress and no connection.

Peruby said...

I suppose it is possible to be a giver in one relationship and a taker in another.

Miki said...

Givers and takers? Yes, I believe it is so, and I agree with you, Peruby, sometimes we are one and sometimes we are the other. It isn't a sin to be a taker when you really need the support, but then you must remember, you turn it around and be a giver when someone else needs it. But, the situation that you outlined, is scary. I would have moved the stuff myself, or gotten someone ELSE to help me move it. And in the end, is STUFF so worth the aggrivation of stringing someone along, doing GOD knows what for and with that person? I don't think so!