My daughter was curious as to what type of clothes I wore when I was 13. I told her that the school finally let us girls wear pants! I was so-o-o happy. Mostly jeans, but I had smock tops, crush velvet, knit turtlenecks, I never wore corduroy, but I did wear yellow stretch polyester. (wince).
Everyone I know did not want Bush to become President. Every blog I read, seemed to support Kerry. I like what Tabor said about Bush didn't seem like he wanted four more years. And, what Ani said about people making nooses at their work desk. Yikes. And Stacy's Mr. Bill. And Darren's Sometimes the bad guy wins.
3 comments:
I had to laugh at your comment about being allowed to wear pants. I am a little older than you and I can remember the last day of my Senior year in high school. My two best friends (we were all honor roll students--you know the goody types) and we decided on the last day we would be a little liberated and wear slacks to school. After all it was a lot of moving books around and signing annuals and cleaning out lockers. This was a public school not a private school where you have to wear a uniform.
Well, we showed up and our dear Home Economics teacher Mrs. S. had a fit! She could not believe her prize girls were so brazen. She made us wait outside sitting on the school lawn while she talked to the principal about what to do...what on earth to do. "This will go on your permanent record girls." They finally let us in before the end of the day.
I look back on that and think about what teenagers wear today. What a hoot!
And I will bet that the Principal was a man! No female principals back then. Unheard of. You rebel, you.
My partner and I were in Canada on Nov. 2 (don't worry--we voted via absentee ballots). We crossed the border back home on Wednesday. Our encounter with the U.S. border guard went something like this:
Guard: Could you open your trunk? [Sarcastic voice mode] I have to make sure you're not bringing in nuclear material. Can you believe we have four more years with that idiot? [Note: No Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker on our car--we could've been anyone.]
Us: [Sound of jaws dropping]
Thanks for the link to my blog, BTW.
Jim
Post a Comment