Monday, November 22, 2004

Does this look normal to you?


I don't know. I was shopping on-line and looked at hats. This is a picture of a Garbo hat. When I saw the model's hand, I was like, "huh?" Has the picture been touched up? Elongated? It just didn't look normal to me.

I went home for lunch today. Yes, I finally found a job that allows me to take a full hour for lunch! Not 30 minutes. Not 45 minutes. An hour! Have I made the big time? Anyway, I was late getting back to work. I am in my house, thinking "where is my purse? Maybe I left it in the car." I walk out in the rain and look in the car. No purse. I wheeled around on my foot, turning to go back into the house when something heavy struck me on the thigh. My purse. Huh. Hanging on my shoulder all along. Bad purse!

Remember the old Mad magazine? "You know you're getting old when..." That is about how I felt. Geesh.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

I think the model is double jointed.

On another note, years ago when I was at a photograper’s studio to pick up wedding albums from my daughter's wedding, I encountered someone I knew and had fun showing her the photos that had been put together. After about 20 minutes of this I grabbed my purse off the table and headed home. Imagine my surprise when I got home and had not one but two identical purses over my shoulder!

Peruby said...

I think that one beats mine! What are the odds of that!
I also like the stories about people who try to get into a car that looks just like theirs. Then they look around to see if anyone was looking, because it appears as if they are trying to break in. Embarrassing!