Sunday, November 28, 2004

Inside the box, Outside the box


Here is another of my sister's cats inside the box I brought my goodies in, and another picture of him outside the box. I had sat the box down and I don't think it was more than 30 seconds and he was curled up inside. Snap, snap went my camera. Or whirr, whirr. Whatever noise a digital camera makes.

I fixed a complete Thanksgiving dinner on Friday and did not go shopping. I spent Friday afternoon cleaning up the mess that a complete Thanksgiving dinner makes. My crew went shopping. I guess they couldn't resist the specials. And, from what I heard there were some. Oh, well. I also resisted shopping on Saturday, but I am not sure I can hold out much longer. I sorted through all my purchases yesterday and took inventory and hid them. Now, I am ready to hit the stores for more.

My nephew found a great deal on a home theater system. I can't recall the exact model he said, but I think it was this one. When he left Saturday evening to return to Columbus, I asked him if the stereo would be connected first or would he get his week-end chores of changing the oil in his car, first? He laughed. I may never know. I am thinking he watched the recordings from his new Replay.

My daughter had her friend overnite last night and I watched the younger sister, who is six years old. I forgot how bored six year-olds get. They must be entertained every hour or so. Drawing, cartoons, and Nintendo. I participated in the drawing, but I don't do Nintendo. I did enjoy a good run of Spongebob. At one point I laughed outloud and the kids just gave me this strange look. It has been a while since my daughter wanted to watch cartoons.

Okay, she is bored again. She is standing here leaning on me twirling her hair. How did my Mom manage eight?

2 comments:

Tabor said...

With eight I am sure they entertained each other much of the time. Also, when there are eight no one child gets the feeling they have to be entertained...after all there is a ton of stuff to do inside ones imagination. I worry that with each generation of children as they are provided passive entertainment they forget how to use that dormant skill called imagination.

Peruby said...

Imagination and physical exercise.