I met one of my wonderful friends here tonight for dinner. This is from my visit to the Lighthouse on October 11th. The day I went to the lake and took 200 some pictures, and proceeded to lose them in my computer fiasco.
The food was delicious, the company was wonderful and the scenery was spectacular. As we dined we looked out over the lake. We thought how neat it would be to watch a storm brewing over the lake. It was windy and rainy, but no thunder or lightning. She brought her 2 year old grandson with her. He was adorable. Very shy, but very articulate. When he did talk, he used full sentences. I was very impressed.
I found a small gift for him before he left. He took a liking to my keychain. It was a bright metallic purple snap that I had for a few years. It cost me all of 50 cents about four years ago. I invited him to my house to visit my dog, three cats and bird. I hope he comes to visit.
I had to have my furnace fixed today. It is a Trane. It was here when I bought the house. My records indicate that it is nine years old. The repairman said it was 11 years old. He said I should start looking at purchasing a new one. Is this normal for a furnace? To last not longer than 9 or 11 years?
My Mom's lasted over 30 years. It was not a Trane. I don't know what brand it was. Hers was installed in 1968 and still running when she passed away in 2000. It was on its last legs, but it was not replaced. It was oil. Mine is gas. I will have to look into this. I purchased the house because the previous owner had all new fixtures installed, and a new roof. I thought that is less stuff I will have to worry about for a while.
Took my dog, Sable to the vet's today for her allergy shot. She had rubbed a raw spot on the part of her tail that meets her back end. I also gave her and all three cats a dose of flea medicine. I was not real popular with the kitties after that. The dog didn't care. She loves me no matter what. The cats ran away in a tiff, as if saying "How dare you!" But, they are very loving, now. My big one (Casper) is curled up at my feet and about an hour ago, Jasper came up to cuddle with me. The newer one, Precious goes tomorrow for her annual exam and shots.
It is time to start thinking seriously about Christmas shopping. It will be here faster than a freight train. Let me be the first to say it. 50 shopping days until Christmas. Out of that 50, I will spend about 30 working, 3 at doctor's appointments, 2 out with migraine or other malady, 3 out visiting and such for the Thanksgiving holiday, 5 visiting and socializing with friends - so that leaves me with about 7 good days to really shop. I think I will do more on-line this year. As long as I can find free shipping. That is the killer, the shipping costs.
No comments:
Post a Comment