Thursday, November 25, 2004

Dolomite


Remember the fake picture that went around on the Internet a couple of years ago, with that guy holding that huge cat that looked to be as big as a dog? I think I found the cat at my sister's house. Did he swallow the turkey? Maybe.

He is a very shy cat, my daughter finally snapped him during a repose. She has other cats, not as large as this one. My big cat (Casper) actually lost some weight. He is only 11 pounds, now. He used to be 13 pounds.

What a beautiful, wonderful Thanksgiving I had. My niece came up to visit from Louisiana and she brought her friend and her two daughters. This is the first time they saw snow. We had a dusting this morning, but it was wet and stuck to the trees. I met the 10 year old. She was very excited.

Most of the family was present at my sister's house. Out of the 8 children only one sister and one brother could not be there today. Out of 12 nieces and nephews, 4 were absent. And various friends came with all of them, making for a joyous houseful. My daughter has been ill with a sore throat and congestion. She had aches and pains yesterday. I am keeping her stocked up with popsicles, ginger ale and apple sauce. She prefers ibuprofen over acetaminophen.

Watched Stuck on You last evening. Now, I used to work in a hardware/automotive store so I have seen a paint shaker. I thought that was funny. I know - this from someone who doesn't like bathroom humor, but I don't mind a dirty joke now and then if it is approached delicately. Not in your face, raunchy humor.

The kids are watching the third Harry Potter movie. Prisoner of Azkaba. I might watch it later this week-end if I get the chance. I fix the turkey and trimmings tomorrow or Saturday. Depends on my energy level. I liked the idea I read about tomorrow being "Buy Nothing Day." What a concept. Does that count purchasing on-line? Of course it would. I guess in the U.S. it is held the Friday after the Thanksgiving holiday and in the U.K. it is on the last Saturday in November. We'll see how I do. If I buckle down and fix the dinner, I should be okay, since I purchased all the items a few days ago.

I hope this season found all my readers safe and warm for the holiday. Cheers.

No comments: