Thursday, November 18, 2004

Yikes!


While putting Halloween decorations away, I ran across this one I wore last year to my niece's wedding. This is my daughter wearing it this evening. We were scaring the dog with it. Now the dog will probably have nightmares.

She is wearing a jester hat on top of it. It normally has bright orange pig tails or twin pony tails sticking out of the head. And goofy orange bangs. I always thought that was a funny word for the hair covering the forehead. I looked it up once and I read that it means the hair cuts off quickly like a bang from a gun. Okay. If you say so.

Shortly after this we began an argument. She was doing something on the Internet I did not approve of. Corresponding with an unknown. I became angry and made her shut the computer down. She became angry and sassed me. I told her she couldn't go to the dance tomorrow night. She tried a few more barbs at me until I threatened to take away next week's dance also. Then she proceeded to sulk the rest of the evening.

She started me off on the wrong foot this evening by leaving her science book and graph in her locker at school. I just made it in time to retrieve the homework before they would not allow anyone in. I couldn't get her locker open, had to have the custodian unlock it for me. I was fuming. This is the only time I have had to do this for her, but it put me in a foul mood.

Then, I went grocery shopping. I am making a vegetable and dip tray for tomorrow's work luncheon. We are having our Thanksgiving meal. I cut up vegetables for two hours. I had purchased a full chicken already slow cooked at the grocery store, so I didn't have to fix dinner. It came with mashed potatoes, rolls and cole slaw. There was just enough. The girls loved the chicken. I guess I won't need to bake or slow cook it any more. This was much easier and quicker.

After that I had to clean the kitchen. What a mess it is cutting up all of those vegetables. Wash a load of clothes and turn around - it's 9:00. My sister calls and talks for about 20 minutes. We are trying to plan the holiday feast for the family. I take the dog out, feed the cats, load the dish washer, fold the clothes and bam - 10:00. I have the next hour or so to spend by myself quietly in my room, answering e-mail, blogging, and updating virus programs, spyware programs, etc...

No reading magazines or the newspaper tonight. I can't recall the last time I read a book. I think it was the ones I got to help me deal through my work problems back in September. And, I meant to do some Christmas shopping online. Oh, my. Then I am up at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow morning to start again. I do not get enough sleep. If I fall alseep right away and stay asleep I can get 7 hours. That is not enough for me. I need 7 1/2. I rarely fall alseep right away, I do better when I listen to Belleruth.

I find it quite amusing that the spell checker for this site stops at the word blog and blogging. You would think, but then again....

No comments: