We say couch. We don't say sofa. We don't say davenport. There are seven of us on this couch with various Christmas gifts. Circa 1964. I am wearing blue. My oldest brother is not in the picture, he is always behind the camera. Now, I am the one behind the camera. That way I am never in the picture any more.
Also, my one brother is not cross-eyed, he must have been hamming it up for the photo shoot. My sister said that orange sweater was mohair. A white telephone was the bomb!
Notice how my legs are all bruised up. I could be mean and say it was my brothers and sisters always beating up on me, but more than likely it was my own doing. I was a bit of a tomboy. That is probably why I was so glad when they let us start wearing slacks and jeans in school. Cover up those scrapes, scars and bruises. I was nicknamed "monkey girl" by my brother's friends.
Which had nothing to do with the monkey my other brother is holding on his lap. I think the photo was to have only dolls or something similar in it, no trucks or such on our laps. The monkey was called Dinkey.
No comments:
Post a Comment