Saturday, November 13, 2004

A Beautiful Pine Tree


One night last winter we had a heavy, wet snow. I took this picture pointing the camera straight up into the sky and focusing on the tip of my neighbor's pine tree. The snowflakes were big and I was trying to be careful so as not to get my camera wet.

I don't mind the snow so much now that I don't have to drive in it. But, I hate the shovelling. And the wet, heavy snow is the worst to shovel. Maybe this winter will be a light one for snow.

The sky sure was beautiful tonight. The stars were out shining bright. I thought it was supposed to be cloudy. But then it is getting pretty chilly here. In the mid 20's, I think the weather report said. A clear sky would make it colder.

I just returned from a Pure Romance party. I have been to this type of party before. They are a blast. However, the hostess did not serve any alcohol. I find that this type of party really needs the alcohol. I am not very inhibited so I made quite a few jokes to get the party rolling. But, the cigarette smoke nearly killed me. I think me and 2 other ladies were the only ones not smoking. That plus all the different scents of the lotions and powders really began to take a toll on me. I popped a migraine pill early in the evening.

I am not telling what I ordered. That is private. However, I will tell you that some friends are getting some pretty funny gag gifts in their stockings this year. I love a good laugh.

No comments: