Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Up a Tree ...


...without a paddle. Here is a photo standing underneath a big oak tree at the park near my house. Back when it had leaves in October. And the sun was shining.

I got a call from a relative who had a printer problem. Seemed this important letter she was printing kept getting a smear on the left margin. She had done everything the printer manual said to do - cleaning the cartridge, etc... I mentioned changing the printer cartridge. She had bought the printer because it was cheaper than the printer cartridges for her last printer. Wow.

Okay, so a new printer cartridge is probably out of the question. Okay, how about a different texture of printer paper? No, she didn't have any - this paper is what she uses at work. It probably came from work. It was probably copier paper. Okay, what next? In the mean time she had to read me the two page letter. She was disputing a bill. She also mentioned that her picture prints were coming out without smears.

Aha! A light bulb went off in my head. I walked her through how to change the color of the print out to blue. Edit, select all, format font, choose midnight blue and voila~ no smear. She was happy, I was happy, the company that is trying to collect the money will not be happy. Oh well. My part was done. Next problem?

No comments: