Sunday, November 14, 2004

My eyes!


I am not a smoker. I never have been. Both my Mom and Dad smoked. Four out of eight of their children smoke. At the party last night all my friends smoke or have smoked and quit. Now that the weather has turned colder we started having our parties indoors. In the summer we have them at the lake. Outside.

I am finding it more and more difficult to attend the parties. The cigarette smoke is killing me. In my house I have people go outside to smoke. I just can't handle it anymore. My eyes were so red last night you would have thought I had been drinking and smoking whatever I could find. Even this morning my eyes are still bloodshot red and watering. I drank root beer and ice water. I have patanol for my eyes, and I put drops in when I came home. They feel better, but they are so watery this morning. The major stinging is gone, I just have to keep wiping them in order to see anything.

I took my book from the previous night's party of Pure Romance. We had a time with that book. A couple of the boyfriends were at the party and they were looking at the book. What is this? What!? You do what?! We had a good laugh at their expense.

We played Win, Lose or Draw which turned into a wry form of Dirty Pictionary because of the topic that evening. I laughed harder tonight than I did the previous night. Of course, these were my friends. The night before I was with people I don't see very often and some I was meeting for the first time.

I didn't drink because I was driving, but damn if I don't feel like I drank all night. What the heck is up with that? I feel totally washed out. I guess you could call it "Getting old." Not fair. I figure if I don't drink, then I should feel good the next morning. Not so. Maybe the cigarette smoke is affecting more than just the eyes. I imagine the lack of sleep takes it's toll, also.

No comments: