Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Did you vote today?


Amazing. I know of someone who is out of state this week in training. I asked him, "Did you get an absentee ballot?" He said, "No, I don't vote." Last year my co-worker asked me to get her an "I voted today" sticker so she could wear one, too. I didn't. I wear mine proudly every year. I try to vote as early as possible so I can wear my sticker all day. One of my friend's registered this past summer, and a relative finally registered to vote at 60.

I have been registered and have voted since I was 18. Even when I moved out of state, I registered there. I try to learn as much as I can on each candidate. I consider an uneducated voter a loose cannon.

Back to the television, I go. I tried to watch something light this evening, a PG movie. My daughter is the one who wants to watch the Election news. So be it.

The picture above is from my drive on the 25th of October. It was very rainy today in my neck of the woods. Not worth taking pictures.

No comments: